The Franklin Institute, the most visited museum in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, strives to be the world leader in promoting science and technology education and literacy through inspiring and engaging experiences that cultivate curiosity, critical thinking, and an understanding of the crucial role science plays in our lives.
At The Franklin Institute, we provide an environment that is as nurturing as it is dynamic. Our team-oriented approach allows for ample learning and career growth opportunities. We think you will find the Institute offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents. We are eager for your input, ideas, and inspiration.
The Senior Accountant Performs day-to-day general ledger activities, with an emphasis on maintaining endowment schedules and analysis, grant reporting, and billing.
- Maintains grant reporting, tracking, and payment requests.
- Prepares special exhibit settlements and revenue recognition entries.
- Maintains capital campaign tracking and reporting.
- Maintains investment and endowment schedules, including reconciling monthly statements and calculating annual spending rates.
- Completes account reconciliations and analysis.
- Prepares monthly/yearly journal entries, including analyzing information received
- Prepares indirect cost rate submissions.
- Assist the Vice President of Finance with special projects, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Five or more years of experience in accounting and finance in progressively responsible positions, including experience with spreadsheet, database software, endowment, and grant reporting.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to self- mange
- Must be detail-oriented, analytical, proactive, and a team player.
Status: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
Benefits Information: The Franklin Institute offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision, 401K, life insurance, and disability coverage. We also offer generous Paid Time Off, paid holidays, and numerous wellness program benefits.
To apply, please visit our Career Center. We look forward to hearing from you!
Research shows that women and people from underrepresented groups often apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. We recognize that it is highly unlikely that someone meets 100% of the qualifications for a role. If much of this job description describes you, then please apply for this role.
The Franklin Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
As the most visited museum in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and a top-five tourist destination in the City of Philadelphia, The Franklin Institute is one of the leading science centers in the country and serves as both a prominent educational and cultural resource, and as an anchor of the local economy.