The Franklin Institute, the most visited museum in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, strives to be the world leader in promoting science and technology education and literacy through inspiring and engaging experiences that cultivate curiosity, critical thinking, and an understanding of the crucial role science plays in our lives.
At The Franklin Institute, we provide an environment that is as nurturing as it is dynamic. Our team-oriented approach allows for ample learning and career growth opportunities. We think you will find the Institute offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents. We are eager for your input, ideas, and inspiration.
The Franklin Institute’s Institutional Giving Coordinator is responsible for providing support and coordination of sponsorship and corporate giving activities. This position will provide an exceptional learning opportunity for someone interested in pursuing a career in development and includes an opportunity for involvement in a milestone anniversary and a capital campaign.
Working as part of the Institutional Giving team alongside an Assistant Director of Foundation Giving & Communications, the Institute Giving Coordinator will:
- Coordinate and support the renewal and acquisition of corporate donors for a variety of TFI programs, with particular emphasis on Corporate Membership and the annual Awards Gala.
- Provide coordination and support of on-site sponsorship and corporate volunteer activities.
- Assist with the writing and editing of solicitations and grant proposals to private and corporate foundations for general operating and project-specific support.
- Working with the Director of Institutional Giving, support two volunteer committees: the Executive Corporate Committee and the Awards Corporate Committee.
- Prepare and oversee a quarterly e-newsletter for Institutional Donors. Provide back-end support in preparing proposals, meeting materials, and donor communication efforts.
- Enter donor activity and strategy into Raiser’s Edge in accordance with internal best practices.
- A college degree required with two or more years of development, sales, or customer services experience or equivalent experience.
- Excellent writing skills, strong verbal communication skills, and the ability to communicate clearly with staff, donors, and organization leaders are a must.
- Excellent computer and phone skills are crucial. Competency in Microsoft Office software and Raiser’s Edge is ideal.
- Detail-oriented and able to multi-task and prioritize requests from multiple people in a timely manner.
- Be a proactive team player who is enthusiastic about the mission and work.
- Some evening and weekend hours are required.
Status: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week
The Franklin Institute offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision, 401K, life insurance, and disability coverage. We also offer generous Paid Time Off, paid holidays, and numerous wellness program benefits.
To apply, please visit our Career Center. We look forward to hearing from you!
Research shows that women and people from underrepresented groups often apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. We recognize that it is highly unlikely that someone meets 100% of the qualifications for a role. If much of this job description describes you, then please apply for this role.
The Franklin Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
As the most visited museum in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and a top-five tourist destination in the City of Philadelphia, The Franklin Institute is one of the leading science centers in the country and serves as both a prominent educational and cultural resource, and as an anchor of the local economy.