The Franklin Institute, the most visited museum in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, strives to be the world leader in promoting science and technology education and literacy through inspiring and engaging experiences that cultivate curiosity, critical thinking, and an understanding of the crucial role science plays in our lives.
At The Franklin Institute, we provide an environment that is as nurturing as it is dynamic. Our team-oriented approach allows for ample learning and career growth opportunities. We think you will find the Institute offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents. We are eager for your input, ideas, and inspiration.
- The Franklin Institute Civic Science Fellow will lead the design, planning, and implementation of a project to co-create professional learning experiences for climate and environmental science education. In collaboration with local teachers and community leaders, the Fellow will develop curricular connections, learning strategies, and training to build educator capacity and confidence in civic science. The Fellow will be part of TFI’s Science & Education Department, joining a team of staff scientists who support the mission-driven needs of the organization, providing expertise and content for a wide variety of programs and formats.
- Master's degree in an environmental science-related field required, Ph.D. preferred. Experience with Science communication and/or development of educational programs is preferred.
- Existing work or demonstrable skills in investigation and public communication of emergent issues in science, society, and planetary health
- A willingness to integrate research and practice, e.g., in civic science, public engagement, curriculum & instruction, or related areas of exploration.
- A commitment to diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion, in accordance with TFI’s organizational philosophy and in service of engaging and valuing multiple and diverse perspectives in science.
Status: Full-time, 18-month position as part of the Civic Science Fellows program
The Franklin Institute offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision, 401K, life insurance, and disability coverage. We also offer generous Paid Time Off, paid holidays, and numerous wellness program benefits.
To apply, please visit our Career Center. We look forward to hearing from you!
Research shows that women and people from underrepresented groups often apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. We recognize that it is highly unlikely that someone meets 100% of the qualifications for a role. If much of this job description describes you, then please apply for this role.
The Franklin Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
As the most visited museum in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and a top-five tourist destination in the City of Philadelphia, The Franklin Institute is one of the leading science centers in the country and serves as both a prominent educational and cultural resource, and as an anchor of the local economy.